The DAWN® HELEOS® II multi-angle light scattering (MALS) detector connects to most GPC, HPLC, FPLC or Eclipse FFF separation systems to determine absolute molecular weight, size, and conformation of macromolecules and nanoparticles, in solution, without any reference to calibration standards. With 18 detection angles, superb optical engineering and a range of optional add-ons, the DAWN HELEOS II provides the highest sensitivity, range of measurement and versatility of any available MALS detector.
The HELEOS II operates in combination with the Optilab® T-rEX™ or 3rd-party refractive index detector as well as the ViscoStar® II differential viscometer. In addition to chromatography mode, the HELEOS II may be used along with the Calypso® II composition-gradient system for studying macromolecular/biomolecular interactions without immobilization or labeling, or in batch mode (off-line) for average solution molar mass and size using syringe injection, microcuvettes or scintillation vials.
- Range of molar mass: 200 Da to 1 GDa (may vary with molecular composition or solvent)
- Range of rms radius Rg: 10 nm to 500nm (up to 1000 nm with specific shape models)
- Sensitivity in SEC-MALS mode: 0.2 µg BSA in PBS or comparable polystyrene in toluene
- Temperature ranges: ambient, -15°C to +150°C, and RT to +210°C models available
- Optional integrated modules: WyattQELS™ dynamic light scattering detector for particle sizes from 0.3 nm to 200 nm (Rh), and the COMET™ ultrasonic flow cell cleaner
- Options available for: laser wavelengths, fluorescence filters and polarization filters
- ASTRA® software provides a comprehensive set of analyses for macromolecules and nanoparticles