The Zeta-388 is a fully automated wafer metrology system that can handle 6-inch or 8-inch wafers. The system is designed to address a number of applications such as bump height, etch depth, roughness, film thickness, and wafer bow. Based on KLA’s revolutionary multi-mode approach to measurements, the KLA optical profiler packs the power of five separate measurement tools into a single compact platform.
The Zeta-388 3D software has a simple and intuitive user interface for data acquisition and analysis. A short learning curve for engineers and operators results in better productivity.
Versatile and Fast
The high resolution 3D optical profiler only requires less than 30 seconds per measurement. Bump height, film thickness (or reflectivity), roughness, and wafer bow can be measured without the need for unloading the wafer and transferring it to a new tool.
The Zeta-388 meets Class 100 standards and can be equipped with a multi form-factor handler with pre-aligner and ionizer. The comprehensive KLA 3D software makes the fab ready package complete.
Multi-Mode Optics for Any Type of Measurement
The Zeta-388 is available with many advanced imaging methods:
- ZDot™ innovative 3D imaging is standard on all of the company’s optical profilers. The ZDot™ technology enables True Color Imaging and a 13 nm step resolution.
- ZIC enhanced differential Interference Contrast Imaging is perfect for nanometer level surface roughness even over a 4.5 mm field of view
- ZSI Shearing Interferometer offers Angstrom level vertical resolution on the smoothest of surfaces over a large field of view
- ZFT Visible Range Spectroscopic Reflectometer for thin film thickness, reflectivity, and refractive index measurements
- ZX5 Vertical Scanning Interferometry is perfect for measuring nanometer heights over 4.5 mm field of view
Shorter Process Feedback Cycle
Multi-Mode Optics means shorter lead time for process feedback, saving precious time. Having numerous measurement capabilities within a single system eliminates wafer transfer steps between many metrology and review tools. In one process step, the Zeta-388 series profilers can perform height, dimensions, bow, roughness, reflectivity, and thickness measurements.
The high-resolution 3D images and analysis from the Zeta-388 series profilers also provide the answers for most defects and process excursions. This decreases the number of wafers or sites that need to be reviewed by the time-consuming and costly SEM or AFM analysis. The Zeta-388 is capable of measuring from nanometers up to millimeters.
- Zeta3D™ measurement head - Configure the tool with a number of illumination and magnification options
- Multi form factor - Choose two different wafer sizes to enable multi-form factor functionality without having to change hardware
- Fast handler - Precision motion, compact design, and speed enable a high throughput on the Zeta-388
- Flat or notch finder - Dedicated flat or notch finder for each measurement head
- Cassette mapper - Individual cassette mapper on each port to allow proper wafer transfer as well as sorting and binning
- Tool: 1080 (d) X 1580 (w) X 1060 (h)
- Computer (s): Integrated
- Monitor: 596 x 449 x 240
- Total Weight: 700 lbs/320 kg
- Voltage: 100 - 230 VAC
- Current: 4 A
- Vacuum: 600 mm Hg
- Op. Temp.: 18-30 °C, non-condensing, ±1 °C per hour
- Camera: Color CCD camera
- Illumination: Ultra-bright white LEDs
- Magnification: 35,000x combined optical and digital
- Z travel: 40 mm
- Motorized stage: Up to 200 mm x 200 mm XY travel
- Vibration isolation: Built-in
- Wafer size: Up to 200 mm
- Workstation PC: 16 GB RAM, 1 TB HDD
- Dual option: 50 mm / 200 mm dual handler
Full Wafer Mapping
The Zeta3D software’s automated wafer deskew and pattern matching capability can be used to set up a multi-site sequence. Typical nine-site and 49-site maps can be easily formed and executed. Data is stored in csv or text format, making it easy to export.
Wafer Bow and Film Stress
Semiconductor fabs have normally relied on a line scan method to measure 2D bow of wafers, either with stylus profilers or with laser based. Using the Zeta-388 series profilers, the process engineer can program in an array of measurements across the wafer and obtain the total 3D wafer warp profile. Pre and Post film deposition measurements are used to measure the Film Stress.
Multi-Cassette / Sorting
There is an option to use the three cassette ports for sorting pass / fail wafers, or use two load ports to queue up jobs.