The iNano® nanoindenter offers precision and accuracy at a price that puts nanoindentation capability into reach for any lab’s budget, from key universities to high tech companies.
KLA Instruments provides the highest performing and most capable mechanical characterization microprobe on the market at an affordable price, offering customers the capability to carry out accurate testing on a variety of materials, while remaining true to the principle of attaining more for less.
The main features of the iNano nanoindenter are as follows:
- Load-frame stiffness > 1,000,000N/m
- Optional NanoBlitz Topography and Tomography Software to perform 3D and 4D mapping of materials.
- Unique tip-calibration system integrated into the software that allows for accurate, fast and automated tip calibration.
- Sample stage movement of 25mm in the Z axis, 100mm in the X axis, and 150mm in the Y axis allows testing of a variety of sample heights, and over a large sample area.
- The iNano has a time constant of 20μs and is considered to be the only commercial nanoindenter to simultaneously meet specs for a maximum indenter travel of 50μm, drift rate of < 0.05nm/s, a digital resolution of 0.02nm and a noise floor of < 0.1nm.
- Available method packs containing standards, methods and tips for biomaterials, thin films, and polymers.
- The Remote Video Option offers two varied viewing angles within the iNano chamber with a USB camera together with the standard microscope objective.
- The scratch option features a maximum scratch speed of 500µm/s, maximum scratch distance of 2.5mm and a maximum normal load of 50mN.
- Electromagnetic actuators are used in all systems developed by KLA Instruments including the iNano. These actuators are robust linear devices that inherently decouple force and displacement. They offer an ultra-low noise floor of < 200nN, resolution of 3nN and maximum force of 50mN.
- The flexible configuration of the iNano allows for a variety of tests including, but not limited to, frequency-specific experiments, constant strain rate, modulus and hardness (Oliver and Pharr) and storage and loss modulus.
- The iNano is capable of dynamic excitation frequencies from 0.1Hz to 1kHz in order to ensure the most reliable data and the widest range in the industry.
The state-of-the-art performance of KLA products really helps my research on mechanical properties of novel intermetallic compounds at small length-scales. Moreover, I really appreciate their fast service to resolve any issues. KLA is the best company to work with for anyone who wants to perform nanoindentation.
Seok-Woo Lee, Pratt & Whitney Assistant Professor, Ph.D., Stanford University
The High Performing Mechanical Characterization iNano Nanoindenter
iNano InForce 50 actuator