The S2 PICOFOX from Bruker Nano Analytics is a transportable TXRF spectrometer available for the ultra-trace element analysis of samples – whether solid, liquid or gas.
- Extremely small sample amounts, in the micro- and nanogram range, can be measured at sub-ppb limits of detection
- Simultaneous multi-element quantification and analysis, such as those that create volatile compounds (e.g., Cl, As, Se) is possible
- A low carbon footprint analysis method when compared to alternatives such as ICP-MS
The S2 PICOFOX operates without the need for a cooling medium, allowing it to be used not only in the lab but also for in-the-field and on-site analysis.
Download the brochure here
The S2 PICOFOX — Smart, Green, Compact
- Analysis of very small sample amounts (micro- and nanogram) is possible
- Concurrent multi-element trace analysis of elements such as halogenides
- No matrix or memory effects
- Ideal for a range of sample types and applications
- Low operating charges, no need for any disposables, media, or periodic maintenance
- Easy quantification can be done with the help of an internal standard without the need for daily calibration.
Accessories to Help Avoid Contamination during TXRF Sample Preparation
Contamination avoidance is of the utmost importance when working at ultra-low ppb detection limits - the key to this is excellent sample preparation.
Bruker Nano Analytics offers a number of sample-prep accessories for its S2 PICOFOX and S4 T-STAR® systems. These include the T-BOX, which facilitates precise and contamination-free sample pipetting, and the T-DRY, which facilitates the vacuum desiccation of samples. Both accessories prevent users from coming into direct contact with the sample carrier, which is often the main cause of contamination.
Sample disks can be cleaned for future use in the chemically resistant washing cassette followed by safe storage away from contaminants in the T-BOX.