The QUANTAX EBSD analysis system from Bruker is a comprehensive, easy to use tool for users of all levels. It offers the versatility and flexibility for investigating all types of crystalline materials whether in connection with Bruker's QUANTAX EDS for combined EBSD and EDS analysis or standalone. The high performance e-Flash EBSD detector series is a key part of the package.
Bruker has designed the e-Flash detector series very carefully. The result of several years of experience in the development of electron microscopy equipment and in the needs of users associated with it, these detectors display outstanding usability and safety features and support the whole range of EBSD applications - from high speed to high resolution and high sensitivity.
The key features of the QUANTAX EBSD include:
- Choice of the high speed EBSD detector e-Flash 1000 with a maximum speed of 930patterns/s or the e-Flash HR detector with a native resolution of 1600x1200pixels.
- The capability of vertical screen positioning under vacuum and when the detector is in working position is a unique feature of the e-Flash detectors. This provides unprecedented flexibility in measurement setup and user comfort, especially when using large working distances or during simultaneous EBSD and EDS acquisition.
- The e-Flash detectors have a closed encasement with all moving parts inside, which practically excludes all injury through moving parts.
- The detectors are connected with three cables only, two Ethernet (RJ45) cables for signal transfer and detector control, the third is for power supply. Cable entanglement is avoided as the cables are stationary.
- The e-Flash series is optionally available with the ARGUS™ forescattered / backscattered imaging system.
- The ARGUS™ FSE detectors produce colors where traditional detectors only show greyscale images. Naturally, any orientation difference will be much easier to detect in color coded images