Bruker’s latest e–FlashHD detector has a CCD resolution of almost 2 MP, which is equivalent to 1600 x 1200 pixels, and modern camera optics to minimize distortions. The e–FlashHD detector offers high definition Kikuchi patterns, which exhibit the finest details.
The datasets that contain e–FlashHD high quality patterns are also suitable for cross correlation analysis using third party software such as CrossCourt4.
The e–FlashHD has an improved cooling system compared to its predecessor e–Flash HR. The enhanced cooling system helps to produce superior quality Kikuchi patterns.
The e–FlashHD detector uses a high quality and high efficient phosphor screen for acquiring very detailed Kikuchi patterns. The combination of a small grain size phosphor material with a high pixel resolution CCD chip assures a final pixel size. The final pixel size in the patterns is 20 µm and this makes the extremely small shifts in patterns visible.
The e–FlashHD’s high precision guiding system allows screen position precision which is over 10 µm. The e–FlashHD is presented with ARGUS™ forescattered/backscattered electron imaging system, which helps to further increase the flexibility of the detector.
The e–FlashHD uses the OPTIMUS™ TKD detector head to analyze electron transparent samples in the finest sample-detector geometry possible.
The main features of the e–FlashHD detector are as follows:
- Produce Kikuchi patterns with superior signal/noise ratio
- Offers valuable extra information for efficient and meaningful microstructure characterization
- Enhanced cooling system reduces the CCD’s dark current by a factor of four
- Can be retrofitted with distinct OPTIMUS™ TKD detector head
The main applications of the e–FlashHD detector are as follows:
- Ultra-accurate phase identification
- Ideal for HR-EBSD/residual strain analysis
- Analysis of pseudo-symmetry in crystal structures
- Ideal solution to run the pattern center calibration with techniques that are based on screen movement