The ESPRIT QUBE is highly sophisticated analytical software used for post-processing and 3D visualization of data that is obtained using EDS and/or EBSD on electron microscopes. Automatically obtaining 3D data sets in SEM/FIB devices or by utilizing traditional metallography methods and standard SEM is possible with ESPRIT QUBE’s unique quaternion based approach, which facilitates true 3D data representation and analysis.
This software helps the user to gain a better in-depth insight about a material’s microstructure parameters, like grain boundary planes and dislocation density, along with inclusion, grain and porosity metrics. It offers enhanced 3D observation into the deformation mechanisms of materials and also facilitates study of theoretical and experimental crystal plasticity.
It complements QUANTAX EDS and QUANTAX EBSD for an even more effective examination and interpretation about the concurrently obtained EDS/EBSD data.
The main features of the ESPRIT QUBE are as follows:
Voxel-based data analysis
- Local average disorientation (LAD)
- Grain reconstruction
- A variety of maps: Schmid factor, Euler, pattern quality, phases
- Geometrically necessary dislocations (GNDs) density
Dataset editing and filtering
- Gauss, Kuwahara and median filters
- Cropping, slice alignment and deletion
A wide range of data subsetting options
- Texture component subsetting
- Phase and grain “metrics” subsetting: area, volume..
- LAD based subsetting
Dataset formats and data handling options
- Supported import file formats: *.ctf, *.bcf, and *.ang
- Export/import of HDF5 formatted files
- File export in *.vtk format for visualization in open software
Multiple 3D visualization and exploration capabilities
- Simulation of EBSD/EDS data cubes
- Multiple slice and dice and 3D cursor options for interactivity
- Illumination, scaling and coloring