Hitachi’s NX5000 is a high performance TripleBeam™ FIB-SEM that allows the best-in-class TEM lamella preparation and provides accurate cross-sectioning and 3D volume microscopy.
With the built-in Ar+/Xe+ beam, users can easily prepare uniform, ultra-thin, low damage TEM lamellae even on the most complex materials.
Gentle, High Precision Lamellae Finishing
- Thinner, flatter, wider and lower damage lamellae can be made with the built-in Ar+/Xe+ broad beam
- Ga+-induced damage is prevented
- Multi-directional milling eliminates curtaining issues
Image Credit: Hitachi High-Tech Europe
High Performance Imaging
- Allows sub-nanometer resolution even at low kV
- Fine structures can be clearly visualized with the high performance, dual-mode SEM (field-free or immersion)
- The multi-mode STEM and the sensitive in-lens detectors allow users to achieve their preferred contrast at any time
High Performance Ga+ Milling
- Rapid FIB/SEM switching (Timesharing mode) allows live fabrication and observation with complete clarity
- High throughput with more than 100 nA beam currents
Unique Sample-Handling Solutions
- Thanks to the built-in side entry rod holder, lamellae can be directly transferred to TEM under vacuum
- Double-tilt sub-stage provides more degrees of freedom for excellent milling geometry
- Samples can be rapidly exchanged with up to a 150-mm diameter via the load lock
- Complex specimens can be quickly navigated with the CAD navigation system
- The simple recipe creator automates lamella preparation, imaging, cross-section generation, etc.
- Up to 20 TEM lamellae can be automatically lifted out