Since 1949, Sandia National Laboratories has developed science-based technologies that support our national security. Today, the nearly 300 million Americans depend on Sandia's technology solutions to solve national and global threats to peace and freedom.
Through science and technology, people, infrastructure, and partnerships, Sandia's mission is to meet national needs in five key areas:
- Nuclear Weapons
- ensuring the stockpile is safe, secure, reliable, and can support the United States' deterrence policy
- Energy and Infrastructure Assurance
- enhancing the surety of energy and other critical infrastructures
- reducing the proliferation of weapons of mass destruction, the threat of nuclear accidents, and the potential for damage to the environment
- Defense Systems and Assessments
- addressing new threats to national security
- Homeland Security
- helping to protect our nation against terrorism
Sandia is a government-owned/contractor operated (GOCO) facility. Sandia Corporation, a Lockheed Martin company, manages Sandia for the U.S. Department of Energy's National Nuclear Security Administration. We seek collaborative partnerships on emerging technologies that support our mission.