Research and Markets has announced the addition of the "Role of Nanotechnology in the Energy Industry" report to their offering.
Nanotechnology is the study of manipulating matter on an atomic and molecular scale.
Nanotechnology is very diverse, ranging from extensions of conventional device physics to completely new approaches based upon molecular self-assembly, from developing new materials with dimensions on the nanoscale to investigating whether we can directly control matter on the atomic scale.
Nano-engineered materials offer extraordinary new capabilities for the improvement of energy generation and efficiency. The use of high surface-to-area ratio carbon nanotubes in battery electrodes generates an increase in electricity output over traditional electrodes.
Some of the segments of the energy industry where nanotech is being used to include:
- Oil and gas extraction
- Solar power
- Fuel cells
- Wind power
- Hydrogen economy
- Heat insulation and conductance
- Energy security
- Renewable energy
- Lower energy consumption
Aruvians Rsearch presents a complete analysis of the role nanotechnology plays in the energy industry in its research report Role of Nanotechnology in the Energy Industry. With the global constraints increasing on energy sources, nanotech comes at a time when various segments such as oil and gas extraction could benefit highly from the addition of nanotechnology. In fact, carbon nanotubes are being touted as one of the most promising nanomaterials for energy savings applications.
Consider this: earlier in 2010 itself, the UK Industry Taskforce on Peak Oil and Energy Security issued a warning that the UK may soon be facing oil shortages, supply and price volatility all of this can become a reality as early as 2015.
Some of the key take aways that this research report offers include:
- How nanotechnology is actually benefiting the various segments of the energy industry.
- How nanotechnology is being used to make processes faster and more efficient.
- What research companies are doing to utilize nanotechnology to derive benefits from already established processes?
- Challenges facing the development of nanotech in the fields of wind power, oil & gas extraction, solar power, and nanobatteries & nanosupercapacitors.
- How nanotechnology is being commercialized to make the technology more 'sellable'.
Companies analyzed in this report are:
- NanoComposites, Inc.
- Elemental Analysis, Inc.
- Advanced Battery Technologies, Inc.
- Cnano Technology Limited ULVAC Technologies, Inc.
The relatively recent shift towards using nanotechnology will continue to have many positive economic impacts on society.
Aruvians Rsearchs report Role of Nanotechnology in the Energy Industry analyzes all the segments in which nanotechnology is being used in the energy industry today and what the future scenario of the industry is expected to look like with nanotech driving growth.
This report is also available in CD ROM and hard copy formats
Key Topics Covered:
- Executive Summary
- Introduction to Nanotechnology
- Applications of Nanotechnology in Other Industries
- Nanotechnology & the Risks it Poses
- Role Nanotechnology Plays in the Energy Industry
- Energy Requirements for Manufacturing Nanomaterials
- Environmental Impact of Nanomanufacturing
- Using Nanotechnology Oil & Gas Extraction
- Using Nanotechnology in Solar Power
- Using Nanotechnology with Fuel Cells
- Using Nanotechnology in Wind Power
- Using Nanotechnology in Thermoelectricity
- Emergence of Nanobatteries
- Emergence of Nanosupercapacitors
- Using Nanotechnology in an Hydrogen Economy
- Using Nanotechnology in Heat Insulation & Conductance
- Nanotechnology & the Promise of Energy Security
- Impact of Nanotechnology on Segments of the Energy Industry
- Nanotechnology & the Future of the Energy Industry
- Leading Industry Players
- Glossary of Terms