The miniDAWN™ TREOS® multi-angle light scattering (MALS) detector connects to most GPC, HPLC, FPLC or Eclipse FFF separation systems in order to measure the absolute molecular weight, size, and conformation of nanoparticles and macromolecules, in solution, without any reference to calibration standards.
The instrument features excellent optical engineering, three detection angles and several optional add-ons and offers very good sensitivity, a broad measurement range and versatility second only to the DAWN® HELEOS® II MALS detector.
- Range of molar mass: 200 Da to 10 MDa (may vary with molecular composition, size or solvent)
- Range of RMS radius Rg: 10 nm to 50 nm (up to 150 nm with specific shape models)
- Sensitivity in SEC-MALS mode: 0.4 µg BSA in PBS or comparable polystyrene in toluene
- Optional integrated modules: WyattQELS™ dynamic light scattering detector for particle sizes from 0.3 nm to 40 nm (Rh), and the COMET™ ultrasonic flow cell cleaner
- ASTRA® software provides a comprehensive set of analyses for macromolecules and nanoparticles
The TREOS operates combined with the Optilab® T-rEX™ or third party refractive index detector. Along with the chromatography mode, one can use the TREOS along with the Calypso® II composition-gradient system for studying macromolecular/biomolecular interactions without immobilization or labeling or immobilization, or in batch mode (off-line) for average solution molar mass and size using syringe injection, micro cuvettes or scintillation vials.