The miniDAWN™ TREOS® multi-angle light scattering (MALS) detector can be connected to most GPLC, HPLC, FFF or FPLC separation systems in order to measure the absolute molecular weight, size, and conformation of nanoparticles and macromolecules, in solution, without any reference to calibration standards. The instrument features excellent optical engineering, three detection angles and several optional add-ons and offers very good sensitivity, a broad measurement range and versatility second only to the DAWN® HELEOS® II MALS detector.
The TREOS operates combined with the Optilab® T-rEX™ or third party refractive index detector. Along with the chromatography mode, one can use the TREOS along with the Calypso® II composition-gradient system for studying macromolecular/biomolecular interactions without immobilization or labeling or immobilization, or in batch mode (off-line) for average solution molar mass and size using syringe injection, micro cuvettes or scintillation vials.
The key features of the miniDAWN™ TREOS® multi-angle light scattering (MALS) detector are:
- Range of RMS radius Rg: 10nm to 50nm (up to 150nm with specific shape models)
- Optional integrated modules: WyattQELS™ dynamic light scattering detector for particle sizes from 0.3nm to 40nm (Rh), and the COMET™ ultrasonic flow cell cleaner
- Sensitivity in SEC-MALS mode: 0.4µg BSA in PBS or comparable polystyrene in toluene
- Range of molar mass: 200Da to 10MDa (may vary with molecular composition, size or solvent)
- ASTRA® software provides a comprehensive set of analyses for macromolecules and nanoparticles