The Optilab® T-rEX™ is a refractometometer with an extended range and can be used along with any FPLC, HPLC, FFF or GPC separation system along with a Wyatt multi-angle light scattering (MALS) detector such as the DAWN® HELEOS® IIor miniDAWN™ TREOS®, for the absolute determination of the molar mass of all kinds of macromolecules in solution. Its dynamic range is better than any comparable instrument by 50x.
The key features of the Optilab® T-rEX™ Refractive Index Detector are:
- Measurement of the absolute refractive index of a solution, important for characterizing solvents
- Range: -0.0047 to +0.0047 RIU
- Sensitivity: 7.5•10-10 RIU
- Measurement of the dn/dc of a sample at the same wavelength of light as the light scattering instrument, critical for accurate polymer characterization
- Temperature control both above and below ambient, from 4°C - 65°C