The Optilab® T-rEX™ (refractometometer with EXtended range) is used in conjunction with any FPLC, HPLC, FFF or GPC separation system along with a Wyatt multi-angle light scattering (MALS) detector such as the DAWN® HELEOS® II or miniDAWN™ TREOS®, for the absolute determination of the molar mass of all kinds of macromolecules in solution. Its dynamic range exceeds that of any comparable instrument by 50x, without sacrificing sensitivity.
The T-rEX adds many unique capabilities over other on-line refractometers:
- Measurement of the absolute refractive index of a solution, important for characterizing solvents
- Range: -0.0047 to +0.0047 RIU
- Sensitivity: 7.5x10-10 RIU
- Measurement of the dn/dc of a sample at the same wavelength of light as the light scattering instrument, critical for accurate polymer characterization
- Temperature control both above and below ambient, from 4°C - 65°C