The Optilab® T-rEX™ (refractometer with EXtended range), developed by Wyatt Technology, is a refractive index detector that has 256 times the detection power and 50 times the dynamic range of every RI detector available today.
The T-rEX combines proprietary computer algorithms and cutting-edge semiconductor photodiode technology to attain an unprecedented combination of sensitivity and range.
The key features of the Optilab T-rEX Differential Refractometer are:
- No gain or range settings required. The entire range of instrument detection is always present, and the full sensitivity exists over the entire range.
- The T-rEX has a flow cell with a small volume of only 7.4 uL, which is 25% less than the leading refractometers that exist today. This translates into minimized band broadening and enhanced temperature stability.
- The T-rEX can measure the absolute refractive index of a compound.
- It can also measure the dn/dc of a solvent at the same wavelength of light as the light scattering instrument. In order to make sure this, you can replace the light source in the T-rEX for other wavelengths (e.g. 690, 633, 488, etc.).
- The new Optilab T-rEX shares the ability of its predecessor (the Optilab rEXTM) to achieve room temperature. No hassle temperature control can be programmed down to 4°C or as high as 50°C.
- The T-rEX is compatible with all HPLC systems.