KLA-Tencor’s Alpha-Step® D-500 stylus profiler is an easy-to-use device that has advanced high resolution 2D profiling, profile stitching, 2D stress and many additional features. The stylus profiler features an innovative optical lever sensor technology and a 140mm manual stage. It also includes improved video controls for versatile sample visualization together with advanced optics.
The D-500 stylus profiler has the capability to determine a number of applications in 2D, from nanometer to millimeter steps, soft materials, high resolution roughness, and thin film stress, thereby making it one of the most flexible 2D stylus profilers available in the market.
The main features of the AlphaStep® D-500 stylus profiler include:
- Intuitive user interface
- Highest vertical range at 1200µm
- Step height repeatability of 5Å on a 1µm step
- High resolution 5MP color camera with 4x digital zoom
- Low force measurements at 0.03 to 15g
- Keystone correction and arc correction software features
The main applications of the AlphaStep® D-500 stylus profiler include:
- Data storage
- Medical devices
- Materials research
- Government labs