Micromanufacturing Engineering and Technology
Click here for more information
Engineering and Technology presents applicable knowledge of technology,
equipment and applications, and the core economic issues of micromanufacturing
for anyone with a basic understanding of manufacturing, material, or product
Engineering and Technology explains micro-engineering issues (design, systems,
materials, market and industrial development), technologies, facilities, organization,
competitiveness, and innovation with an analysis of future potential.
The machining, forming, and joining of miniature / micro-products are all covered
in depth, covering: grinding/milling, laser applications, and photo chemical
etching; embossing (hot & UV), injection molding and forming (bulk, sheet,
hydro, laser); mechanical assembly, laser joining, soldering, and packaging.
- Presents case studies, material and design considerations, working principles,
process configurations, and information on tools, equipment, parameters and
- Explains the many facets of recently emerging additive / hybrid technologies
and systems, incl: photo-electric-forming, liga, surface treatment, and thin
- Outlines system engineering issues pertaining to handling, metrology, testing,
integration & software
- Explains widely used micro parts in bio / medical industry, information
technology and automotive engineering.
- Covers technologies in high demand, such as: micro-mechanical-cutting,
lasermachining, micro-forming, micro-EDM, micro-joining, photo-chemical-etching,
photo-electro-forming, and micro-packaging