The new Mastersizer 3000 particle size analyser delivers rapid, precise particle size distributions for both wet and dry dispersions. Working over the millimetre, micrometre and nanometre particle size ranges, it packs exceptional performance into the smallest of footprints, bringing operator-independent measurements that every user can rely on.
The new Mastersizer 3000 puts Malvern's experience and expertise into your hands. Easily configured to meet individual application requirements, it generates robust, reproducible particle sizing data with the minimum of fuss. A new optical core concentrates the best ever Mastersizer performance into minimum bench space and brings precise resolution across a very wide size range, for wet and dry samples. Novel dispersion accessories ensure optimal sample preparation, for every material type.
- Broad measurement range: from 10 nm to 3.5 mm with exceptional resolution in the sub-micron range.
- Reproducible, accurate measurement: data acquisition rates of 10 kHz increase reproducibility and ensure accuracy even for materials with the broadest size distributions.
- Small footprint: optical bench spans just 690 mm.
- Flexible user-independent operation: easy to switch wet and dry dispersion units, with auto-locking measurement cell that simplifies changeover and maintenance.
- State-of-the art dry powder dispersion: the completely new Aero S dry powder dispersion accessory, reliably disperses a wide range of dry materials, fragile powders to robust materials.
- Highest performance wet dispersion: the all new Hydro range of wet dispersion accessories have been designed to provide powerful and rapid dispersion for a wide range of sample types.
- Simple, intuitive yet powerful software: drives every measurement, delivering your data, in your way.
- Real-time optimization of every measurement: live trend plotting instantly confirms measurement to USP, EP, ISO standards.
- Support that excels: significant applications intelligence built into every system, backed by remote troubleshooting and instrument diagnostics. Not to forget, Malvern's unrivalled global network of experts can deliver development, applications and service support in person.
Malvern came recommended by colleagues in the industry but it was the features of the Mastersizer 3000 itself that sold us on the instrument. It enables us to meet our customers’ needs for particle size information in an efficient way and has met our high expectations. We’ve been running for a year now without any reliability issues and with minimal running costs. Most importantly we produce data that can be trusted.
Our customers need particle size and particle size distribution data to optimize their products and the processes used to manufacture them. We made the decision to invest in our own laser diffraction particle size analyzer to ensure fast and efficient turnaround in the face of growing demand. Throughout the research and purchasing process, we assessed at least five to six different systems before selecting the Mastersizer 3000.
Brian Bacher, Technical Specialist, NSL Analytical Services