The X’Pert³ MRD X-Ray diffractometer available from PANalytical has been developed to meet the needs of current materials research and development laboratories. The X’Pert³ MRD is the one of the most flexible systems available for X-ray diffraction studies and can be used in metrologic characterization in semiconductor process development as well as in sophisticated materials science and nanotechnology.
The X’Pert³ MRD is suitable for thin film analysis applications.
The main features of X’Pert³ MRD are:
- Can accommodate semiconductor wafers up to 200mm diameter
- Can fully map wafers up to 100mm
- Comes with a wide range of sample holders
- Multiple samples can be mounted on the large sample platform
- An extended version enables mounting of a high-resolution monochromator and an X-ray mirror, increasing the intensity of the incident beam
- In-plane diffraction to measure diffraction from lattice planes perpendicular to the sample surface
The applications of X’Pert³ MRD are:
- Reflectometry and thin film phase analysis
- Rocking curve analysis and reciprocal space mapping
- Residual stress and texture analysis