Microporous CytoVu™ imaging slides from SiMPore act similar to a typical Boyden Chamber. At just 50nm thick, the membrane has precisely controlled 3 micrometer pores that allow a migrating cell to move easily from the apical side of the membrane to the basal side.
Benefits of Using CytoVu Membranes
Benefits of using CytoVu™ membranes from SiMPore over other commercially systems such as available Boyden Chambers include:
- CytoVu membranes are much thinner (1000x), reducing the number of cells that get trapped in the membrane and improving the signal to noise ratio.
- They are more permeable (100x), allowing more effective diffusion of chemoattractants.
- You can culture cells on both sides of CytoVu membranes at the same time allowing you to study chemoattractants produced by a cell line, migration through a tissue layer, and many other applications.
- The optically transparent nature of Cyto Membranes make it possible to directly image on the culture slide at the highest possible quality.
Applications for CytoVu
CytoVu™ is perfect for applications such as:
- Cell Co-Culture
- Cell Differentiation/Development
- Microenvironment/Paracrine Signaling
- Physical Cell-Cell Interactions
- High Quality Imaging
- Drug Absorption
- Polarized Cell Growth
- Tissue Engineering
This information has been sourced, reviewed and adapted from materials provided by SiMPore Inc.
For more information on this source, please visit SiMPore Inc.