CytoVu™ from SiMPore allows researchers to perform more physiologically relevant co-culture studies. CytoVu™ membranes are able to physically separate cells by only 50 nm while maintaining their ability to communicate through highly permeable nanopores. Previous co-culture systems separate the cells by as much ~10µm which is too much, or not at all. This makes true communication between the cells impossible. CytoVu™ allows you to culture different cell types that work in together form a more physiologically accurate model.
Benefits of Using CytoVu Membranes
Benefits of using CytoVu™ membranes include:
- CytoVu™ membranes are thin (50 nm), allowing you to co-culture cells at relevant distances for established paracrine communication.
- CytoVu™ membranes are highly permeable providing efficient diffusion of signals, drugs, and other molecules.
- They allow you yo manipulate more tissue-like cultures (like a blood-brain barrier) in your experiments.
- The optically transparent nature of CvtoVu membranes makes it possible to directly image on the culture slide at the highest possible quality.
Applications for CytoVu
CytoVu™ is perfect for applications such as:
- Cell Co-Culture
- Cell Differentiation/Development
- Microenvironment/Paracrine Signaling
- Physical Cell-Cell Interactions
- High Quality Imaging
- Drug Absorption
- Polarized Cell Growth
- Tissue Engineering
This information has been sourced, reviewed and adapted from materials provided by SiMPore Inc.
For more information on this source, please visit SiMPore Inc.