Advanced Magnetic Nanostructures
Click here for more information
Advanced magnetic nanostructures is an emerging field in magnetism and nanotechnology, but the literature consists of a rich variety of original papers and parts of reviews and books whose scope is comparatively broad. This calls for a book with specific emphasis on state-of-the-art synthetic methods for fabricating, characterizing and theoretically modeling new magnetic nanostructures. This book is intended to provide a comprehensive overview of the present state of the field. Leading researchers world-wide have contributed a survey of their special ties to guide the reader through the exploding literature in nanomagnetic structures.
The focus is on deliberately structured nanomagnets. It includes cluster assembled, self-organized and patterned thin films but excludes, for example, multilayered thin films. We target both industrial and academic researchers in magnetism and related areas, such as nanotechnology, materials science, and theoretical solid-state physics.
Table of contents
- Spin-Polarized Electronic Structure
- Nanomagnetic Models
- Nanomagnetic Simulations
- Nanoscale Structural and Magnetic Characterization
- Molecular Nanomagnets
- Magnetic Nanoparticles
- Cluster-Assembled Magnets
- Self-Assembled Nanomagnets
- Patterned Nanomagnetic Films
- Media for Extremely High-Density Recording
- Hard Magnetic Nanostructures
- Soft Magnetic Nanostructures and Applications
- Nanostructures for Spin Electronics
- Subject Index.