Inovenso’s PE-550 is the best-selling electrospinning equipment for the continuous production of nanofibers. Its key advantage is scalability, as it is ideal for both production line and R&D projects. The PE-550 works with 56 nozzles, facilitating high productivity for the mass production of nanofibers. It can also work with a single nozzle when used on R&D projects.
Thanks to its exclusive design, the PE-550 allows the manufacture of composites and nanofibers. It houses four high voltage power supplies and four syringe pumps, thereby enabling simultaneous working with up to four different polymers, which are independently regulated.
The PE-550 uses an exclusive patented “Hybrid Electrospinning Technology.” This new method integrates the benefits of both needle-based and needle-less electrospinning, such as high-throughput productivity (from the needle-less), with highly accurate control over the process and the end product (from needle-based electrospinning).
The PE-550 can be used for producing commercial nanofiber products such as face masks, air and liquid filters, battery separators, and wound dressing materials.
- Hybrid electrospinning method (several jets from each nozzle)
- Up to 56 simultaneously feeding nozzles
- Continuous roll-to-roll substrate winding collector system
- Bottom-up spinning
- Nanofiber coating with a width of 550 mm
- Automatic modifiable spinning distance ranging from 30 to 230 mm—nozzle to collector
- Capacity to produce 0.01–5 g/m2 thick nanofiber membranes
- Modifiable horizontal movement ranging from 20 to 80 mm at the rate of 5 to 50 mm/second
- Four programmable syringe pumps and four high voltage power supplies
- Programmable touch screen control panel
- Possibility to work with four different polymers (with various voltage and flow rates)
Inovenso's Pilot Electrospinning System PE 550. Industrial Nanofiber Production
Video Credit: Inovenso