The ChromaCL2™ iBSED detector provides scanning electron microscope (SEM) live color cathodoluminescence imaging.
The ChromaCL2 iBSED detector is a color cathodoluminescence imaging device developed for use in SEMs. Color cathodoluminescence (CL) imaging can reveal geochemical processes in various petrographic and earth scientific applications.
- It displays macro- and micro-texture in sedimentary rocks, including sediment source, compaction degree, diagenetic history, authigenic and detrital mineral differences, cementation history, and authenticity
- With a single electron beam pass, users can snap topography, composition, and color CL images all at once
- Easy to use
- Color cathodoluminescence images assist in determining the presence of geochemical differences
- High-efficiency detection allows for the shortest time-to-data, images with the maximum spatial resolution, and less data misinterpretation owing to e-beam damage
- Carbonate imaging kit for detecting phosphorescence in scanned CL images caused by particular carbonate minerals
- The field stitching software module enables users to have a limitless field of view
Episode 1: Explained Introduction to Cathodoluminescence
Cathodoluminescence Explained. Episode 1: An Introduction
Cathodoluminescence Explained. Episode 1: An Introduction. This webinar serves as an introduction to the CL technique and key application challenges addressed by CL, highlighting some of the latest research from the world of nanophotonics, micro-LED device development, and microanalysis. Video Credit: Gatan, Inc.
Episode 2: Understanding Micro-LED Arrays
Cathodoluminescence Explained. Episode 2: Understanding Micro-LED Arrays
Cathodoluminescence Explained. Episode 2: Understanding Micro-LED Arrays. This webinar discusses how simultaneous measurement of wavelength and direction can be used to reveal the light extraction and color rendering of a display device (in this case micro-LED array) as a function of viewing angle. Video Credit: Gatan, Inc.
Episode 3: Analyzing Modes for Geoscience Applications
Cathodoluminescence Explained. Episode 3: Analysis Modes for Geoscience Applications
Cathodoluminescence Explained. Episode 3: Analysis Modes for Geoscience Applications. In this webinar, we will review the different hardware and analysis modes available in CL detectors, discussing the benefits and drawbacks of each when analyzing geoscience specimens. Video Credit: Gatan, Inc.
Episode 4: Improving Spatial, Spectral, and Angular Resolutions
Cathodoluminescence Explained. Episode 4: Improving spatial, spectral, and angular resolutions
Cathodoluminescence Explained, Episode 4: Improving spatial, spectral, and angular resolutions. This episode will focus on the practicalities of producing the sharpest CL maps, spectra, and angle-resolved emission patterns using a scanning electron microscope (SEM)-based CL systems. By the end of the webinar, attendees will understand why certain SEM. Video Credit: Gatan, Inc.
Episode 5: Analyzing CL Data
Cathodoluminescence Explained. Episode 5: Cathodoluminescence Data Analysis
Cathodoluminescence Explained. Episode 5: CL Data Analysis. This webinar focuses on the importance of CL data analysis, which may include spatial, spectral, and angular information, or any combination thereof. The importance of data analysis of such CL data can be nearly as important as data acquisition and can reveal many interesting characteristics of a specimen including the influence of constituent concentration and distribution, defect density, plasmonic or photonic modes, and more. During this webinar, analysis of data drawn from various specimens is performed, their results discussed, and the benefits of such analysis demonstrated. Video Credit: Gatan, Inc.