Monarc® is a next-generation cathodoluminescence (CL) detector by Gatan, offering new insights and clarity for even the most demanding applications, especially in the fields of optoelectronics, nanophotonics, and geosciences.
This system features an innovative optical design that boosts sensitivity and spectral resolution while providing unique wavelength- and angle-resolved capabilities. By combining these features into a single detector, the Monarc enables the most comprehensive CL analysis to date.
Fastest Time to the Best Data
- Gather hyperspectral data at speeds up to 30 times faster than other CL detectors.
- Capture angle- and wavelength-resolved CL data simultaneously.
- Achieve CL data with outstanding spatial resolution (<10 nm), angular resolution (1°), and wavelength resolution (0.1 nm).
Effortless Operation for All Users
- Utilize the largest field of view to improve data throughput and simplify user workflows.
- Ensure permanent alignment of optics for consistent results over both short and long periods.
- Ensure optimal results through recipe-driven operation and fully automated alignments.
Most Accurate Correlation with Other Signals
- Uncompromising quality with full use of in-lens SEM detectors during CL measurements.
- Simultaneously detect multiple signals that can be used to correlate images of physical properties and composition with CL data.
Explore the emission polarization properties of deep sub-wavelength structures like photonic crystals, nanocavities, and optical nanoantennas.
Wavelength- and Angle-Resolved (WARCL)
Effortlessly witness the interplay between matter and light at various viewing angles and wavelengths, all at full resolution. What was previously deemed impossible or highly impractical is now a routine practice thanks to Monarc's innovative optical design.
Delve into the interactions between light and matter below the optical diffraction limit. Monarc provides a field of view that is 400× larger than other CL detectors, with almost no loss in resolution.