University of Hawaii
Departent of Mechanical Engineering, 2540 Dole Street, Holmes Hall Room 302
PH: 1 (808) 956 7565
Fax: 1 (808) 956 2373
Email: [email protected]
Click here to visit Web Site
Dr. Atul Tiwari, CChem. CSci, is a research faculty at the Department of Mechanical Engineering in the University of Hawaii, USA. He received his Master in Chemistry and Ph.D. in Polymer Science from Universities in India and Master in Mechanical Engineering from the University in USA. He earned the Chartered Chemist and Chartered Scientist status from the Royal Society of Chemistry, UK and is a member of several other professional bodies in the UK, USA, and India. His areas of research interest include following:
- Siloxane-polyimide membranes for separation technology.
- Siloxane-polyimide coatings for low Earth orbit environment.
- Low dielectric constant materials for microelectronics.
- High performance matrix for fiber reinforced composites.
- Corrosion resistant coatings.
- Materials for biomedical applications.
- Graphene and carbon nanotube materials.
He has invented seven international patent pending technologies that have been transferred to industries. He has been actively engaged in various fields of polymer science, engineering, and technology and has published several scientific peer reviewed journal papers, book chapters and books related to material science. He is an active reviewer of several leading international journals and acts as associate editor of journal Advances in Chemical Engineering and Science.
He has invented unique non-carcinogenic corrosion protection coating SiloXelTM that is targeting $300 million non-chromate conversion coating market. He has also developed a synthetic procedure to convert graphite powder into super long pure graphene film. He is two times winner of business plan competitions in the USA and incepted new start-up companies with major venture investment.
- Associate Researcher
- PhD, Material Science, R.D. University Jabalpur, India, 2003
- MS Mechanical Engineering, 2011
- MSc, Kanpur University, India, 1997
- BSc, Kanpur University, India, 1994
- “High Performance Reaction-Induced Quasi-Ceramic Silicone Conversion Coating for Corrosion Protection of Aluminium Alloys”, Progress in Organic Coatings 69, 16-25 (2010).
- “Thermal Stability of Ceramer Coatings: Part1, Inert Atmosphere Parameters”, Polymer Degradation and Stability, 94, 1754-1771 (2009).
- "The development of low temperature hardening silicone ceramer coatings for the corrosion protection of metals". Surface & Coating Technology 202, 4620-4635 (2008).
- "Analysis of Molecular Morphology and Permeation Behaviour of Polyimide-Siloxane Molecular Composite for their Possible Anticorrosive Coating Application". Progress in Organic Coatings 57 259-272 (2006).
- "Encapsulation of Air Filled Poly (dimethylsiloxane) Microballoons in Polyimide as Polymetric Low-k Dielectric". Polymer International, 53:1744-1751 (2004).
Professional Institution Membership
- Royal Society of Chemistry
- Materials Research Society