The World Market for Metal Oxide Nanopowders
Aluminium Oxide, Antimony Tin Oxide, Bismuth Oxide, Cerium Oxide, Copper Oxide, Iron Oxide, Magnesium Oxide, Silicon Oxide, Titanium Dioxide, Yttrium oxide, Zirconia, Zinc Oxide
Metal oxide nanopowders are extensively used in the automotive, personal care, electronics and consumer goods markets. They typically consist of alumina, titania, zinc oxide, iron oxide, ceria, and find application mainly in composites, catalysts, coatings, paints and sunscreens at present. However, new applications are coming on stream in the military, electronics and medical markets and will drive the demand for these remarkable materials over the next few years. Iron nanoparticles for example show incredible potential medical treatment of cancer, magnetic storage and magnetic resonance imaging (MRI). Rare earth nanoparticles and rare earth oxide nanopowders are finding application in uses as varied as enhanced fiber optic amplification (EDFA) to the removal of phosphate in the blood of patients with Hyperphosphatemia.
Metal oxide nanopowders can have far reaching potential in electronics, high speed computing, telecommunication and aerospace across a large variety of applications including catalysts, sensors, optoelectronic materials and environmental remediation.
World revenues for metal oxide nanopowders were approximately $6, 150million in 2009, with this figure estimated to rise to $14,550million by 2017, driven by the needs of the electronics, environmental, energy, medical, personal care, and military markets.
This new 300 page report from leading technology publisher Future Markets, Inc. provides a comprehensive analysis of these exciting new markets through to 2017 and beyond.
Report contents include:
- Applications by market and technology for Nanoscale Aluminium Oxide, Antimony Tin Oxide, Bismuth Oxide, Cerium Oxide, Copper Oxide, Iron Oxide, Magnesium Oxide, Silicon Oxide, Titanium Dioxide, Yttrium oxide, Zirconia, Zinc Oxide
- Market revenues to 2017, by nanopowders type, region and end user markets
- Market structure
- Market drivers
- Key producers
- Key players by market
- Over 340 company profiles including products and end user markets
- Over 45 tables and figures
- End user markets covered include Aerospace and Aviation, Automotive, Clothing, Construction and Exterior Protection, Electronics and Computers, Energy, Environmental, Food and Beverage, Household Cleaning, Medical and Healthcare, Military and Defence, Packaging, Personal Care, Cosmetics, Dental, Sunscreen and Sporting Goods