Research and Markets has announced the addition of the "Microfluidic Applications in the Pharmaceutical, Life Sciences, In-Vitro Diagnostic and Medical Device Markets Report 2013" report to their offering.
How life science and in vitro diagnostics applications are driving an impressive 27% growth for the microfluidic device market.
The microfluidic device market is expected to reach $5.7B by 2018!
The microfluidic device market will grow swiftly, from $1.4B in 2013 to $5.7B by 2018. This impressive 27% growth will be fueled mainly by Pharmaceutical research and Point-of-Care applications.
Facing new challenges, the healthcare industry is currently moving toward personalized medicine. In this context, the line between traditional markets (pharmaceutical and in vitro diagnostic markets) has blurred. More than ever, rapid, accurate tests are needed to increase pharmaceutical research yield and better monitor/cure patients.
By offering innovative solutions, microfluidic technologies have successfully managed to fill the gap. This new Yole Développement report provides a complete analysis of microfluidic device markets and technologies. Based on an accurate investigation of the last three years' events, this report consolidates market data from 2010-2012 and provides forecasts for 2013-2018.
Objectives of the report
- To provide a complete analysis of microfluidic devices, applications, markets and technologies. Thanks to an exclusive market segmentation, both market trends and main players are presented for each product category.
- To cover the microfluidics device and final diagnostic test markets for a better understanding of how value is spread across the supply chain.
- To present new, promising applications for microfluidics technologies.
What's new compared to last ANALYSIS
- Based on sales data from the microfluidic device market's top 150 players, the entire microfluidic landscape has been recalculated for this report
- We've gone a step further by refining our forecasts: microfluidic device market vs. final diagnostic test market
- Analysis of the material mix evolution (polymer, glass, silicon, metal and ceramics) for microfluidic applications
- A new section called emerging applications discusses longterm opportunities for microfluidic technologies
- Value chain and supply chain analyses have been updated and better developed
Key features of the report
- Market evolution and key events analysis for the last three years, including mergers & acquisitions, innovative product launches and collaborations
- 2012-2018 microfluidic device forecast, with a unique market segmentation for each application
- Material mix analysis underlining new opportunities for silicon
- Detailed supply chain and value chain analysis, providing evidence for material value and structure across the entire value chain
Key Topics Covered:
1. Executive summary
3. What's Happened Since 2011
4. Microfluidic Markets: 2011-2018
5. Microfluidic applications
6. Materials mix analysis
7. Microfluidic product description
8. Emerging application
9. Microfluidic technologies
10. Microfluidics value chain
11. Microfluidics supply chain
12. Summary and conclusions
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/z6nhg7/microfluidic