In partnership with Durham University, CPI established the Centre for Electronic Nano-Systems (CENS). Working closely with industry, the centre enables its clients to readily access expertise, experience and facilities for the integration and testing of novel electronics components such as RFID, MEMS, NEMS, small-scale sensors and signal processing software components for prototyping new products.
New opportunities are being made possible through CENS, who are already enabling companies to transform their product portfolio and effectively compete in global markets. The CENS team has enabled GlobalPoint Technologies, to rapidly take to market the world¡¦s most compact and sensitive tracking device and at the same time enabled regional manufacturing company TT Electronics to expand its operations.
Electronics System Integration Services
Through CENS, CPI is able to offer a wide range of electronics system integration services to industry, from turning ideas and concepts into commercially viable prototypes to providing business advice on electromagnetic compatibility (EMC).
As engineers innovate ever-smaller devices, sensors, novel Micro Electro Mechanical Systems (MEMS) and Nano Electro Mechanical Systems (NEMS) for commercialising compact products, the interconnectivity of these components is also challenged. CENS engineers have the technical expertise and access to dedicated facilities to overcome key challenges including:
- Electronic systems integration
- Nano and micro scale device integration
- Design of Application Specific Integrated Circuits (ASIC)
- Wireless communication
- Software engineering for embedded systems
- Tailored signal processing
- EMC pre-compliance testing
The CENS team thrives on forging close long-term partnerships with businesses for delivering tangible solutions. Our client John Davidson, Chief Executive Officer of Global Point Technologies sees the world-class CENS team as a valuable extension to their R&D operation: "It's their thinking and commercial awareness that made us choose to work with them and our belief that they can deliver according to clearly defined deadlines. We want this to be a long-term relationship". CENS clients also have the advantage of easy access to a comprehensive suite of the state-of-the-art electronics test equipment.
Some of the equipment available through CENS is unique or difficult to locate within Europe:
- Mixed signal ASIC verification system with 2.5GHz RF capability
- 102 Channel Logic Analyser for rapid debugging of complex digital hardware
- RF test equipment - signal generation and analysis to 4GHz
- RF Network analysis
- Advanced digital oscilloscopes to 2.5GHz
- Automated measurement solutions using Labview software for complete characterisation of a device or system
- EMC test for pre-compliance, radiated and conducted emissions and immunity
- Large range of general purpose laboratory equipment
This information has been sourced, reviewed and adapted from materials provided by CPI.
For more information on this source, please visit CPI.