CytoVu™ imaging slides from SiMPore's are molecularly thin and highly permeable, making them the perfect scaffold for drug absorption assays. At just 50 nm thick and with nanoscale pores, drugs absorbed by a cell can be quickly detected. In contrast, conventional membranes require an absorbed drug to pass through 10 µm of tortuous tunnels before being detected.
Benefits of Using CytoVu Imaging Slides
Advantages of CytoVu™ over conventional membranes for drug absorption assays include:
- CytoVu membranes are much thinner (1000x), reducing the number of molecules that get trapped in the membrane and improving the signal to noise ratio
- They are more permeable (100x), allowing more effective diffusion of drugs.
- CytoVu™ allows cells to be co-cultured at physiological distances, allowing more physiologically relevant absorption models.
- The transparent nature of CytoVu membranes allows you to be able to image directly on the culture slide at the highest possible quality
Applications for CytoVu
CytoVu™ is perfect for applications such as:
- Cell Co-Culture
- Cell Differentiation/Development
- Microenvironment/Paracrine Signaling
- Physical Cell-Cell Interactions
- High Quality Imaging
- Drug Absorption
- Polarized Cell Growth
- Tissue Engineering
This information has been sourced, reviewed and adapted from materials provided by SiMPore Inc.
For more information on this source, please visit SiMPore Inc.