Nanoparticles structures with sizes in the nanometer range, and a spherical or other simple morphology.
This article discusses the properties and applications of nickel iron oxide nanoparticles. Nickel is a Block D, Period 4 element, iron is a Block D, Period 4 element, and oxygen is a Block P, Period 2 element. Nickel iron oxide nanoparticles appear as brown spherical high surface area metal particles. They are graded as toxic.
The chemical properties of nickel iron oxide nanoparticles are outlined in the following table.
||Nickel [Ar]3d8 4s2
Iron [Ar] 3d6 4s2
Oxygen [He] 2s2 2p4
The physical properties of nickel iron oxide nanoparticles are given in the following table.
The key applications of nickel iron oxide nanoparticles are as follows:
- Repulsive suspension for levitated railway systems
- In preparation of nickel cermet for the anode layer of solid oxide fuel cells
- High-density magnetic recording media
- Magnetic refrigeration
- As a catalyst, magnetic liquid, and microwave absorbers
- In lithium nickel iron oxide cathodes for lithium ion microbatteries
- In electrochromic coatings, plastics and textiles
- In nanowires, nanofibers and specific alloy and catalyst applications.