Research and Markets, the leading source for international market research and market data, has announced the addition of John Wiley and Sons Ltd's new report "The Nanoscience and Technology of Renewable Biomaterials" to their offering.
The unique nanoscale properties of renewable biomaterials present valuable opportunities in the field of nanoscience and technology. Lignocellulosic biomass is an important industrial resource which can be used for the production of highly efficient and environmentally sustainable nanomaterials.
The Nanoscience and Technology of Renewable Biomaterials presents the latest advances in biomass nanotechnology, including leading research from academia and industry, as well as a future vision for the nanotechnology of forest products.
Topics covered include:
- A fundamental review of the relationship between nanotechnology and lignocellulosic biomass
- Characterization methods for biomass on the nanometer scale
- Cellulose, hemicelluloses and lignin as nanoscopic biomaterials-physical features, chemical properties and potential nanoproducts
- Nanoscale surface engineering
- Renewable materials as scaffolds for tissue engineering
- Nanoscopically-controlled drug delivery
This book will be a valuable resource for chemists, chemical engineers, bioscience researchers and materials scientists who are interested in harnessing the nanotechnological features of renewable biomaterials
Key Topics Covered:
- A FUNDAMENTAL REVIEW OF THE RELATIONSHIPS BETWEEN NANOTECHNOLOGY AND LIGNOCELLULOSIC BIOMASS
- BIOGENESIS OF CELLULOSE NANOFIBRILS BY A BIOLOGICAL NANOMACHINE
- TOOLS FOR THE CHARACTERIZATION OF BIOMASS AT THE NANOMETER SCALE
- TOOLS TO PROBE NANOSCALE SURFACE PHENOMENA IN CELLULOSE THIN FILMS: APPLICATIONS IN THE AREA OF ADSORPTION AND FRICTION
- POLYELECTROLYTE MULTILAYERS FOR FIBRE ENGINEERING
- HEMICELLULOSES AT INTERFACES: SOME ASPECTS OF THE INTERACTIONS
- LIGNIN: FUNCTIONAL BIOMATERIAL WITH POTENTIAL IN SURFACE CHEMISTRY AND NANOSCIENCE
- CELLULOSE AND CHITIN AS NANOSCOPIC BIOMATERIALS
- BACTERIAL CELLULOSE AND ITS POLYMERIC NANOCOMPOSITES
- CELLULOSE NANOCRYSTALS IN POLYMER MATRICES
- DEVELOPMENT AND APPLICATION OF NATURALLY RENEWABLE SCAFFOLD MATERIALS FOR BONE TISSUE ENGINEERING
- TEMPLATE SYNTHESIS OF NANOSTRUCTURED METALS USING CELLULOSE NANOCRYSTAL