Research and Markets has announced the addition of John Wiley and Sons Ltd's new report "Modern Electroplating, 5th Edition" to their offering.
The definitive resource for electroplating, now completely up to date
With advances in information-age technologies, the field of electroplating has seen dramatic growth in the decade since the previous edition of Modern Electroplating was published. This expanded new edition addresses these developments, providing a comprehensive, one-stop reference to the latest methods and applications of electroplating of metals, alloys, semiconductors, and conductive polymers.
With special emphasis on electroplating and electrochemical plating in nanotechnologies, data storage, and medical applications, the Fifth Edition boasts vast amounts of new and revised material, unmatched in breadth and depth by any other book on the subject. It includes:
- Easily accessible, self-contained contributions by over thirty experts
- Five completely new chapters and hundreds of additional pages
- A cutting-edge look at applications in nanoelectronics
- Coverage of the formation of nanoclusters and quantum dots using scanning tunneling microscopy (STM)
- An important discussion of the physical properties of metal thin films
- Chapters devoted to methods, tools, control, and environmental issues
- And much more
A must-have for anyone in electroplating, including technicians, platers, plating researchers, and metal finishers, Modern Electroplating, Fifth Edition is also an excellent reference for electrical engineers and researchers in the automotive, data storage, and medical industries.
Key Topics Covered:
- Fundamental Considerations (Milan Paunovic, Mordechay Schlesinger, and Dexter D. Snyder).
- Electrodeposition of Copper (Jack W. Dini and Dexter D. Snyder).
- Electrodeposition of Nickel (George A. Di Bari).
- Electrodeposition of Gold (Paul A. Kohl).
- Electroless and Electrodeposition of Silver (Mordechay Schlesinger).
- Tin and Tin Alloys for Lead-Free Solder (Yun Zhang).
- Electrodeposition of Chromium (Nenad V. Mandich and Donald L. Snyder).
- Electrodeposition of Lead and Lead Alloys (Manfred Jordan).
- Electrodeposition of Tin?Lead Alloys (Manfred Jordan).
- Electrodeposition of Zinc and Zinc Alloys (Ren Winand).
- Electrodeposition of Iron and Iron Alloys (Masanobu Izaki).
- Palladium Electroplating (Joseph A. Abys).
- Electrochemical Deposition Process for ULSI Interconnection Devices (Tetsuya Osaka and Masahiro Yoshino).
- Electrodeposition of Semiconductors (T. E. Schlesinger, K. Rajeshwar, and N. R. De Tacconi).
- Deposition on Nonconductors (Mordechay Schlesinger).
- Conductive Polymers: Electroplating of Organic Films (Tetsuya Osaka, Shinichi Komaba, and Toshiyuki Momma).
- Electroless Deposition of Copper (Milan Paunovic).
- Electroless Deposition of Nickel (Mordechay Schlesinger).
- Electrochemical Synthesis of Metal Alloys for Magnetic Recording Systems (Atsushi Sugiyama, Masahiro Yoshino, Takuma Hachisu, and Tetsuya Osaka).
- Electroless Deposition of Palladium and Platinum (Izumi Ohno).
- Electroless Deposition of Gold (Yutaka Okinaka and Masaru Kato).
- Electroless Deposition of Alloys (Izumi Ohno).
- Preparation for Deposition (Dexter D. Snyder).
- Manufacturing Tools (Tom Ritzdorf).
- Monitoring and Control (Tom Ritzdorf).
- Environmental Aspects of Electrodeposition (Micha Tomkiewicz).
- Applications to Magnetic Recording and Microelectronic Technologies (Stanko R. Brankovic, Natasa Vasiljevic, and Nikolay Dimitrov).
- Microelectromechanical Systems (Giovanni Zangari).
- Analysis of Electroplated Films Using Dual-Beam FIB/SEM and TEM Techniques (Xianying Meng-Burany).
- Ionic Liquid Treatments for Enhanced Corrosion Resistance of Magnesium-Based Substrates (R. Petro, M. Schlesinger, and Guang-Ling Song).