Research and Markets has announced the addition of the "Flexible, Printed and Thin Film Batteries 2015-2025: Technologies, Forecasts, Players" report to their offering.
New market categories will help the market for thin and flexible batteries reach $300 million in 2024
Form factor is becoming a major driver shaping innovation and transforming the energy storage industry globally. This is fueled by the emergence of new market categories such as wearable electronic devices and Internet of Things, which demand thinness and flexibility.
Thin, flexible or printed batteries have commercially existed for more than ten years. Traditionally, the micro-power thin and printed batteries were used in skin patches, RFID tags and smart cards. Today, however, the composition of the target market is undergoing drastic change driven by the emergence of new addressable market categories. This trend has enticed many large players to enter the foray, starting to transform a business landscape that was once populated predominantly by small firms.
The change in target markets is inevitably driving change in the technology landscape too. This means that the market in 2024 will look vastly different from that in 2014, both on the technology and market level. Technology and markets that are major contributes today will have a small role to play, while new segments and technology will grow to dominate this sector. This change is shown in the figures below.
The technologies and end use applications covered are:
- Battery-assisted passive RFID,
- Smart card,
- Wireless sensor(s)/networks,
- Smart packaging,
- Medical cosmetic disposable,
- Medical device,
- Interactive media, toys, games & cards,
- Backup power,
- Portable electronics,
- Energy harvesting
- Printed Zn based battery
- Thin Lithium Battery
- Thin Film Lithium Polymer Battery
- Curved Lithium Ion Battery
- Thin Flexible Supercapacitors
Key Topics Covered:
1. Executive Summary And Conclusions
2. Introduction Of Batteries
4. Printed Manganese Dioxide Batteries
5. Rechargeable Zincpolytm From Imprint Energy
6. Screen Printed Secondary Zinc/Nickel Metal Hydride Batteries
7. Technology Comparison And Benchmarking
8. Other Flexible Batteries
9. Production Facilities For Printed Batteries
10. Other Laminar And Flexible Energy Storage
11. Applications Of Thin, Flexible, Printed Batteries/Supercapacitors
12. Global Players With Descriptions
13. End-User Interviews
14. Company Profiles
- Blue Spark Technologies, USA
- Cymbet, USA
- Enfucell Oy Ltd.
- Excellatron Solid State LLC.
- FlexEl LLC
- Fraunhofer Institute for Electronic Nano Systems (ENAS)
- Front Edge Technology, USA
- Fullriver Battery New Technology Co Ltd
- Huizhou Markyn New Energy Co., Ltd
- Imprint Energy
- Kunshan Printed Electronics Co., Ltd.
- LG Chem
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- Oak Ridge National Laboratory USA
- Paper Battery Company
- Prelonic Technologies
- Rocket Electric
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/dtmrxh/flexible_printed