MEMS Industry Group (MIG)'s next MEMS Executive Congress® US 2015 -- the annual business conference and networking event for the MEMS and sensors industry, November 4-6, 2015 in Napa, CA -- will explore the market drivers behind the double-digit growth propelling MEMS and sensors to more than $20+ billion by 2020.1
"From the smart home and the highway to the factory floor and the hospital, tens of billions of MEMS and sensors add greater intelligence to the ways we live our lives and do our work," said Karen Lightman, executive director, MEMS Industry Group. "As the year's 'touchpoint' event for the sellers and buyers of MEMS/sensors technology, MEMS Executive Congress US attracts forward-thinking executives who want to interact with innovative speakers, business partners, and even competitors, all involved in using MEMS/sensors to transform the human experience."
Ms. Lightman pointed out that the dramatic growth in the MEMS market alone should reach nearly 25 billion units annually by 2019, according to the market research firm IHS2. "And if we add a selection of sensors -- magnetic sensors, light sensors and emerging sensors for consumer applications, such as fingerprint sensors -- we are looking at an additional 5+ billion units by that time. That's a massive number of MEMS/sensors adding product-differentiating value to commercial applications just four years from today."
- "Challenges with Fabless MEMS Companies, Lessons Learned and a Vision for the MEMS Industry" -- Steve Nasiri, principal, Nasiri Ventures, with an introduction by Platinum Sponsor EV Group
- "Secure Connections for the Internet of Things" -- Dr. Wouter Leibbrandt, senior director of systems and applications, NXP, with an introduction by Gold Sponsor SPTS Technologies
- Opening and Closing Remarks -- Karen Lightman, executive director, MEMS Industry Group
- Emerging MEMS & Sensor Technologies to Watch -- Alissa Fitzgerald, founder & managing member, AM Fitzgerald & Associates
- "Virtual Reality and MEMS" -- Jack McCauley, president, R0R3 Devices
- "Revival of the Optical MEMS Market" -- Jérémie Bouchaud, director & senior principal analyst, IHS
- "Ultra-low Power Context-Aware Smart-Sensors for the IoT" -- David Horsley, CTO, Chirp Microsystems
- "MEMS on Flexible Substrates: Challenges and Opportunities" -- KG Ganapathi, executive director, general manager of the MEMS Sensors Business Unit, Lenovo
- Other featured presenters include Dan Armbrust, CEO and co-founder, Silicon Catalyst, Josh Knauer, CEO, Rhiza, and Jeff Owens, CTO, Delphi
- "The New Frontier for a Connected World Enabled by MEMS and Sensors"
- "Managing MEMS and Sensors Supply Chain Challenges and Opportunities in Asia"
MIG's fifth annual MEMS and Sensors Technology Showcase provides Congress attendees an up-close experience with some of the coolest new MEMS- and sensors-enabled products ever invented. After interactive demo sessions and conference-wide presentations, attendees will vote on a winner.
MIG's third annual Elevator Pitch Session gives entrepreneurs and startups a forum for pitching their products and ideas to a seasoned panel of industry veterans and investors. It also offers exposure to the biggest gathering of MEMS and sensors executives in North America. Elevator Pitch Session finalists will try to impress Judges Silicon Catalyst CEO and Co-founder Dan Armbrust, Nasiri Ventures Principal Steve Nasiri, and Silicon Valley Band of Angels Member Kurt Petersen as they jockey for the top spot.
MIG's annual Best in MEMS and Sensors Innovation Awards (MEMSies) will recognize outstanding achievements in the MEMS and sensors industry.
For the complete agenda, visit: http://us2015.memscongress.com/agenda/
About MEMS Executive Congress
Now in its eleventh year, MEMS Executive Congress is an annual event that brings together business leaders from a broad spectrum of industries: automotive, communications, consumer goods, energy/environmental, industrial and medical. It is a unique professional forum at which executives from companies designing and manufacturing MEMS/sensors technology sit side-by-side with their end-user customers in panel discussions and networking events to exchange ideas and information about the use of MEMS and sensors in commercial applications.
Premier sponsors of MEMS Executive Congress US 2015 include: Platinum Sponsor EV Group; Gold Sponsors SPTS Technologies and Lam Research Corporation; Silver Sponsors Analog Devices and Freescale Semiconductor; Bronze Sponsors Applied Materials and X-Fab MEMS Foundry.
Event sponsors include: Akustica, Bosch Automotive Electronics (AE), Bosch Sensortec GmbH, Coventor, IEEE Standards Association (IEEE-SA), MEMS Journal, MEMS & Technology Exchange (MNX), Solid State Technology and Yole Développement.
Location and Registration
MEMS Executive Congress US will be held November 4-6, 2015 at The Meritage Resort & Spa, Napa, CA. For more information, please contact MIG via phone: +412/390-1644, email: [email protected] or visit MEMS Executive Congress US 2015 at: http://us2015.memscongress.com.
For conference registration, please visit: etouches.com/mecus2015.
For press registration, please contact Maria Vetrano, Vetrano Communications, email: maria[at]vetrano.com.
1 Market data provided by Frédéric Breussin, business unit manager, MEMS & Sensors, Yole Développement
2 Market data provided by Jérémie Bouchaud, director and senior principal analyst for MEMS & Sensors, IHS, and by Marwan Boustany, senior analyst for MEMS & Sensors, IHS. Also sourced from IHS MEMS Market Tracker -- Q2 2015.