The American Ceramic Society (ACerS) in conjunction with the ACerS Engineering Ceramics and Basic Science Divisions is hosting the 32nd International Conference and Exposition on Advanced Ceramics and Composites in Daytona Beach, Florida, January 28 to February 1, 2008, at the Daytona Beach Hilton and Ocean Center.
The world's leading conference and exposition on Advanced Ceramics and Composites showcases cutting-edge research and product developments in Advanced Ceramics including Nanotechnology, Fuel Cells, and Ceramic Armor. Organized around eleven symposia and two focused sessions, the conference covers the latest advances, applications and breakthroughs in the advanced ceramics and composites materials field.
This highly interactive conference and exposition is designed to promote information exchange among scientists, technologists, engineers, entrepreneurs and exhibitors involved in materials science, specifically in the area of Advanced Ceramics. The application-oriented technical program features these symposia topics:
- Nanostructured Materials and Nanotechnology: Development and Applications
- Solid Oxide Fuel Cells (SOFC): Materials, Science and Technology
- Ceramic Armor
- Mechanical Behavior and Structural Design of Monolithic and Composite Ceramics
- Advanced Ceramic Coatings for Structural, Environmental and Functional Applications
- Next-Generation Bioceramics
- Thermoelectric Materials for Power Conversion Applications
- Advanced Processing and Manufacturing Technologies for Structural and Multifunctional Materials and Systems
- Porous Ceramics: Novel Developments and Applications
- Basic Science of Multifunctional Ceramics
- Science of Ceramic Interfaces
- Materials for Solid-State Lighting
Individuals who are interested in participating in this event are invited to submit an abstract for a presentation or poster before July 16, 2007. Symposia details and abstract submission information are available by logging on to http://www.ceramics.org/daytona2008.
Organizations seeking to participate in the exhibition or event sponsorship can get more details online or by contacting Patricia Janeway at 614-794-5826