Physik Instrumente a leading manufacturer of nanopositioning and piezo-based precision motion-control equipment for bio-nanotechnology, photonics and semiconductor applications—has extended the S-330 high-dynamics piezo tip/tilt platform family by several new large-angle models.
Features & Advantages:
- Six Closed Loop & Open Loop Models for Mirrors up to 50 mm Diameter
- Optical Beam Deflection to 20 mrad (>1°)
- > 3kHz Resonant Frequency for Sub-Millisecond Step Response
- Resolution to 20 nrad — Excellent Position Stability
- Parallel-Kinematics Design for Higher Dynamics, Stability & Linearity
- Closed-Loop Versions for Better Linearity
- Differential Drives for Excellent Temperature Stability
- Beam correction, laser surgery, image stabilization, interlacing, dithering, laser scanning / beam steering, optical communications, high resolution microscopy / spectroscopy
- 2-Axis, Flexure Guided, No Polarization Rotation
- S-330 steering mirror platforms provide precise angular tip/tilt motion of the top platform around two orthogonal axes. These flexure-guided, piezoelectrically driven systems can provide higher accelerations than other actuators, enabling step response times in the sub-millisecond range.
- The single pivot-point design also prevents the drawback of polarization rotation, which is common with conventional 2-axis stacked systems, e.g. galvo scanners.
- Closed-loop and open-loop versions with 3 different tilt ranges up to 10 mrad (20 mrad optical deflection) are available.
Parallel-Kinematics: Smaller with Improved Stability, Linearity & Dynamics
PI piezo steering mirrors are based on a parallel-kinematics design with coplanar rotational axes and a single moving platform driven by two pairs of differential actuators. The advantage is jitter-free, multi-axis motion with excellent temperature stability. Compared to stacked (two-stage), mirror scanners, the parallel-kinematics design provides symmetrical dynamic performance in both axes with faster response and better linearity in a smaller package.