Research and Markets has announced the addition of the "The Global Market for Nanotechnology" report to their offering.
Nanotechnology continues to be a thriving area of R&D in 2008. Public funding of nanotechnology worldwide in 2008 was approximately $6.7 with over US$5 billion initially committed by the Russian government and a raft of new initiatives and centres in countries such as UAE, Saudi Arabia, Egypt, Israel, Cuba and Brazil.
Nanotechnology is fast becoming an important business area for companies in a diverse range of industries, from oil exploration to optical cabling. Private investment in 2008 was approximately $5.6 billion, with the electronics and medical sectors set to witness the greatest returns over the next 5 years. The global market for nanotechnology presents a comprehensive insight into worldwide activity and initiatives from basic research to final products. This 780 page report is the definitive guide to what's happening in nanotechnology, now and in the future.
- Global public and private funding and initiatives
- Current and future market trends and drivers
- The global market for nanoparticles, nanopowders, nanocoatings, nanocomposites, nanocapsules, nanotubes, nanofibres, nanowires, fullerenes and quantum dots
- The impact of nanotechnology on sectors such as aerospace and defence, electronics, energy, life sciences and healthcare, textiles, environment, water, food, construction, consumer goods, household care, security, automotive, chemicals and coatings
- Country by country analysis on government bodies, networks, research centres, universities and companies in nanotechnology