CPX is a versatile cryogenic micromanipulated probe station used for non-destructive
testing of devices on full and partial wafers up to 51 mm (2 in) in diameter.
is a platform for measurement of electrical, electro-optical, parametric, high
Z, DC, RF, and microwave properties of materials and test devices. Nanoscale
electronics, quantum wires and dots, and semiconductors are typical materials
measured in a CPX.
A wide selection of probes, cables, sample holders, and options makes it possible
to configure the CPX
to meet your specific measurement applications.
operates over a temperature range of 4.2 K to 475 K. With options, the base
temperature can be extended down to 1.5 K. The probe station provides efficient
temperature operation and control with a continuous refrigeration system using
either helium or nitrogen. Vapor-cooled shielding optimizes efficiency and intercepts
blackbody radiation before it reaches the sample. A control heater on the sample
stage along with the radiation shield heaters provide the probe station with
fast thermal response.
is user configured with up to six ultra-stable micro-manipulated probe arms.
Each arm provides precise 3-axis control of the probe position to accurately
land the probe tip on device features. The sample stage provides in-plane rotation
to allow alignment of patterns with stage axes. Proprietary probe tips in a
variety of sizes and materials minimize thermal mass and optimize electrical
contacts to the device under test (DUT). Probe tips are thermally linked to
the sample stage to minimize heat transfer to the DUT.
For increased versatility, CPX
options include temperatures down to 1.5 K, high vacuum, load-lock assembly,
vibration isolation systems, LNc Dewar kit, higher magnification microscope,
vacuum turbo pumping system, and fiber optic probe arm modification.
Features of Model CPX Probe Station
- High stability operation from 1.5 K to 475 K
- Sample can be maintained at room temperature while system cools, reducing
potential for condensation
- Multiple radiation shields optimized to minimize cryogen consumption
- Sample stage with ±5° in-plane rotation
- Measurements from DC to 67 GHz
- Optional high vacuum to 10-7 torr
- Optional load-lock assembly
- Accommodates up to 51 mm (2 in) diameter wafers
- Configurable with up to six thermally anchored micromanipulated probe arms
- Probe arms with 3-axis adjustments and ±5° theta planarization
- Cables, shields, and guards minimize electrical noise and thermal radiation
- Options and accessories for customization to specific research needs