The Model CRX-VF is a comprehensive, cryogen-free micro-manipulated probe station used for NDT of devices on partial and full wafers up to 51 mm diameter. The CRX-VF is a platform used to measure electro-optical, electrical, parametric, DC, RF, high-Z and microwave properties of test devices and materials. Quantum wires and dots, nanoscale electronics, semiconductors and spintronic devices are standard materials measured in a CRX-VF. A broad selection of cables, probes, sample holders and options help configure the CRX-VF to satisfy the specific measurement applications.
With a single Sumitomo 4 K base temperature CCR, the CRX-VF is provided with a vertical field superconducting magnet capable of a maximum 22.5 KOe (2.25 T). It offers efficient temperature operation and control over a temperature range of 10K to 500 K without the operating expense of liquid cryogens. Each cryogenic stage is provided with a heater and sensor to offer quick thermal response and rapid warm-up for sample exchange. Blackbody radiation is intercepted by actively cooled shielding before it reaches the sample assuring small thermal gradients.
The CRX-VF is user configured with up to six ultra-stable micro-manipulated probe arms, each offering accurate 3 axis probe position control to land the probe tip precisely on device features. Each probe can also be rotated ±5° about its axis (planarized) to make sure that multi-tip probes are rightly aligned with the sample. It is possible to optimize DC measurements for high-impedance, low-noise or high thermal contact to the device under test (DUT). Configurations up to 67GHz are included in the RF measurements. It is possible to introduce optical sources through optional fiber optic probe arm modification or view port windows. Proprietary probe arms are available in a range of sizes and materials to minimize thermal mass as well as optimize electrical contact to the DUT.
Furthermore, probe tips are thermally linked to the radiation shielding to minimize heat transfer to the DUT.
Key Features of the Model CRX-VF Probe Station
The key features of the Model CRX-VF Probe Station are:
- 22.5 kOe (2.25 T) vertical field superconducting magnet
- Closed cycle refrigerator provides high stability cryogen-free operation from 10 K to 500 K
- Control stability to 10 mK
- Low vibration design less than 1 µm at sample stage (X, Y, and Z axes)
- Measurements from DC to 67 GHz
- Sample holders optimized for low noise, high frequency, or high impedance measurements
- Accommodates up to 51 mm (2 in) diameter wafers
- Can be configured with up to six thermally anchored micro-manipulated probe arms
- Probe arms with three-axis adjustments and ±5° planarization
- Cables, shields, and guards reduce electrical noise and thermal radiation losses
- Options and accessories for customization to specific research needs