The Model CPX-VF is a versatile cryogenic micromanipulated probe station used for non-destructive magnetic testing of devices on full and partial wafers up to 51 mm (2 in) in diameter. The CPX-VF cryogenic probe station is a platform for measurement of magneto-transport, electrical, electrooptical, parametric, high Z, DC, RF, and microwave properties of materials and test devices. Nanoscale electronics, quantum wires and dots, semiconductors, superconductors, and spintronic devices are typical materials measured in a CPX-VF. A wide selection of probes, cables, sample holders, and options makes it possible to configure the CPX-VF to meet your specific measurement applications.
Mounted on a non-magnetic table, the CPX-VF is equipped with a 25 kOe (2.5 T) vertical field superconducting magnet. The CPX-VF operates over a temperature range of 4.2 K to 400 K. With options, the base temperature can be extended down to 2 K. The probe station provides efficient temperature operation and control with a continuous refrigeration system using either liquid helium or liquid nitrogen*. Vapor-cooled shielding optimizes efficiency and intercepts blackbody radiation before it reaches the sample. A control heater on the sample stage along with the magnet stage and radiation shield heaters provides the probe station with fast thermal response.
The CPX-VF is user-configured with up to six ultra-stable micro-manipulated stages, each providing precise 3-axis control of the probe position to accurately land the probe tip on device features. Proprietary probe tips in a variety of sizes and materials minimize thermal mass and optimize electrical contacts to the device under test.
For increased versatility, CPX-VF options include a 2 K base temperature stage, high vacuum, vibration isolation systems, LN2 Dewar kit*, higher magnification microscope, vacuum turbo pumping system, and fiber optic probe arm modification.
Key features of the Lake Shore Model CPX-VF Crogenic Probe Station include:
- 25 kOe (2.5 T) vertical field superconducting magnet
- High stability operation from 2 K to 400 K
- Sample can be maintained at room temperature while system cools, reducing potential for condensation
- Multiple radiation shields optimized to minimize cryogen consumption
- Sample stage with ±5° in-plane rotation
- Measurements from DC to 67 GHz
- Optional high vacuum to 10-7 torr
- Accommodates up to 51 mm (2 in) diameter wafers
- Configurable with up to six thermally anchored micro-manipulated probe arms
- Probe arms with 3-axis adjustments and ±5° theta planarization
- Cables, shields, and guards minimize electrical noise and thermal radiation losses
- Options and accessories for customization to specific research needs