CRX-4K is a versatile cryogen-free micro-manipulated probe station used
for non-destructive testing of devices on full and partial wafers up to 51 mm
(2 in) in diameter. The CRX-4K
is a platform for measurement of electrical, electro-optical, parametric, high
Z, DC, RF, and microwave properties of materials and test devices. Nanoscale
electronics, quantum wires and dots, and semiconductors are typical materials
measured in a CRX-4K.
A wide selection of probes, cables, sample holders, and options makes it possible
to configure the CRX-4K
to meet your specific measurement applications.
Based on a Sumitomo 4 K base temperature CCR, the CRX-4K
provides efficient temperature operation and control over a temperature range
of 4.5 K to 350 K without the operating expense of liquid cryogens. An optional
interchangeable high temperature sample holder provides a temperature range
of 50 K to 475 K. Each cryogenic stage is equipped with a sensor and heater
to provide fast thermal response and rapid warm up for sample exchange. Actively
cooled shielding intercepts blackbody radiation before it reaches the sample,
ensuring small thermal gradients.
Careful design consideration was taken to provide a low vibration, user-friendly
tool. Integrated vibration isolation and damping prevents mechanical vibration
from affecting measurement performance. Sample stage vibration is limited to
less than 1 µm (X, Y, and Z axes) through the full-scale temperature range.
is user configured with up to six ultra-stable micromanipulated probe arms,
each providing precise 3-axis probe position control to land the probe tip accurately
on device features. Each probe can also be rotated ±5° about its
axis (planarized) to ensure multi-tip probes are properly aligned with the sample.
DC measurements can be optimized for lownoise, high-impedance (low leakage),
or high-thermal contact to the device under test (DUT). RF measurements include
configurations up to 67 GHz. Optical sources can be introduced through viewport
windows or optional fiber optic probe arm modification. Proprietary probe arms
in a variety of sizes and materials minimize thermal mass and optimize electrical
contact to the DUT. In addition, probe tips are thermally linked to the sample
stage to minimize heat transfer to the DUT.
Features of Model CRX-4K Probe Station
- Closed cycle refrigerator provides high stability cryogen-free operation
from 4.5 K to 350 K
- Optional temperature range from 50 K to 475 K
- Control stability to 10 mK
- Sample exchange cycle time of <3.5 h
- Low vibration design: <1 µm at sample stage (X, Y, and Z axes)
- Measurements from DC to 67 GHz
- Sample holders optimized for low noise, high frequency, or high impedance
- Accommodates up to 51 mm (2 in) diameter wafers
- Configurable with up to six thermally anchored micro-manipulated probe
- Probe arms with 3-axis adjustments and ±5° theta planarization
- Cables, shields, and guards minimize electrical noise and thermal radiation
- Options and accessories for customization to specific research needs