TTPX is a versatile cryogenic micromanipulated probe station used for non-destructive
testing of devices on full and partial wafers up to 51 mm (2 in) in diameter.
is a platform for measurement of electrical, electro-optical, parametric, high
Z, DC, RF, and microwave properties of materials and test devices. Nanoscale
electronics, quantum wires and dots, and semiconductors are typical materials
measured in a TTPX.
A wide selection of probes, cables, sample holders, and options makes it possible
to configure the TTPX
to meet your specific measurement applications.
operates over a temperature range of 4.2 K to 475 K. With options, the base
temperature can be extended down to 3.2 K. The probe station provides efficient
temperature operation and control with a continuous refrigeration system using
either liquid helium or liquid nitrogen. Vapor-cooled shielding optimizes efficiency
and intercepts blackbody radiation before it reaches the sample. A control heater
allows precise sample stage temperature control, and along with the radiation
shield heater, provides the probe station with fast thermal response.
is user configured with up to six ultra-stable micro-manipulated stages, each
providing precise 3-axis control of the probe position to accurately land the
probe tip on the device features. Proprietary probe tips in a variety of sizes
and materials minimize thermal mass and optimize electrical contacts to the
device under test (DUT). Probe tips are thermally linked to the sample stage
to minimize heat transfer to the DUT.
For increased versatility, TTPX
options include a 3.2 K base temperature stage, stand, vibration isolation systems,
LN2 Dewar kit, higher magnification microscope, vacuum turbo pumping system,
fiber optic probe arm modification, and optical access sample holders.
Features of Model TTPX Probe Station
- High stability operation from 3.2 K to 475 K
- Ø5 mm (0.2 in) optical access through the sample stage for backside
illumination of the sample
- Measurements from DC to 67 GHz
- Accommodates up to 51 mm (2 in) diameter wafers
- Configurable with up to six thermally anchored micro-manipulated probe
- Probe arms with 3-axis adjustments and ±5° theta planarization
- Cables, shields, and guards minimize electrical noise and thermal radiation
- Tabletop design with small footprint
- Options and accessories for customization to specific research needs