The Model CRX-6.5K is a cryogen-free, low cost, micro-manipulated probe station used for
non-destructive testing of devices on full and partial wafers up to 51 mm (2 in) in
diameter. The CRX-6.5K platform is used to measure electro-optical, electrical, parametric, high Z, DC, RF, and microwave properties of materials and test devices. Quantum wires and dots, nanoscale electronics and semiconductors are typical materials measured in a CRX-6.5K. A wide selection of cables, probes, sample holders, helps configure the CRX-6.5K to satisfy specific measurement applications.
The CRX-6.5K is based on a Sumitomo 6.5 K base temperature CCR, and offers efficient temperature operation and control over a temperature range of less than 10 K to 350 K without the operating expense of liquid cryogens. A temperature range of 20K to 675K is offered by an optional interchangeable high temperature sample stage. Both the radiationn shield stages and the sample are provided with a sensor and heater to enable fast thermal response and rapid warm up for sample exchange. Actively cooled shielding that intercepts blackbody radiation before it reaches the sample and probes cooled by the sample stage ensure small thermal gradients.
The CRX-6.5K is user configured with up to six ultra-stable micro-manipulated probe arms, each enabling precise 3-axis probe position control to land the probe tip accurately on device features. Rotation of each probe can be done ±5° about its axis (planarized) to ensure multi-tip probes are properly aligned with the sample. DC measurements can be optimized for low-noise, high-impedance (low leakage), or high-thermal contact to the device under test (DUT). RF measurements include configurations up to 67 GHz. Introduction of optical sources is done through viewport windows or optional fiber optic probe arm modification. Proprietary probe arms in a range of sizes and materials reduce thermal mass and optimize electrical contact to the DUT. Furthermore, probe tips are thermally linked to the sample stage to minimize heat transfer to the DUT.
The key features of the Model CRX-6.5K Probe Station are:
- Closed cycle refrigerator offers high stability cryogen-free operation from <10 K to
- Optional temperature range from 20 K to 675 K
- Probes are thermally anchored to the sample stage cooled to <25 K at base
- Probe arm sensor is provided for monitoring probe temperature
- Control stability to 20 mK
- Sample exchange cycle time of 4 h
- Has a low vibration design less than 2 µm at sample stage
- Measurements from DC to 67 GHz
- Sample holders optimized for low noise, high frequency, or high impedance
- Accommodates up to 51 mm (2 in) diameter wafers
- Configurable with up to six thermally anchored micro-manipulated probe arms
- Probe arms with 3-axis adjustments and ±5° planarization