Research and Markets has announced the addition of the "CMP Consumables Critical Materials" report to their offering.
The global CMP consumables market has emerged from 2008-2009 recession with 2010 semiconductor wafer pass demand 20 percent higher than in pre-recession 2007. At the same time, revenues may not recover to 2007 levels until 2012, according to the report CMP Consumables 2010 Critical Materials Report, due to recession-induced permanent changes to the market. The CMP pad and slurry market this year is forecast to be between $1.36B and $1.57B, rising by 2015 to between $1.85B and $2.4B.
Following the pattern of previous semiconductor downturns, fab engineers took advantage of the slack time to optimise processes with ever-increasing slurry silution, and to evaluate new polishing pads entering the market. The slurry dilution efforts have focused on selective STI and copper. Copper slurry had been expected to be the primary revenue growth engine before the downturn, so 1:1 and 1:2 dilution takes a significant bite out of the revenue stream.
New pad evaluations have resulted in ASP pressure consistent with a robust competitive environment, signalling a break in the long-standing dominance of a single supplier. The introduction of new device structures has called for the commercialisation of a variety of new single-layer slurries, each of which carries a fixed product development cost without the multi-layer ROI lure of tungsten and copper slurries.
Key Topics Covered:
- Semiconductor Evolution and Its Implications for CMP
- Technology Drivers for the CMP Industry Roadmap
- CMP Consumables Business Environment Update
- CMP Slurry & Abrasive Suppliers
- CMP PAD Suppliers
- Post-CMP Cleaning Suppliers
- PAD Conditioner Suppliers
- PVA Brush Suppliers
- CMP Filter Suppliers
- CMP Equipment Suppliers
- Retaining Rings & Carrier Parts Suppliers
- Other Support Product Suppliers
- University Research
- Abrasive Technology, Inc.
- ATMI Inc.
- BOC Edwards Air Liquide And Kachina
- Cabot Corporation
- CMP Solutions Ltd
- Dupont Ekc Technology
- Hitachi Chemical
- Jetalon Solutions, Inc
- Korea Polyol Co., Ltd.
- Laredo Technologies
- Malema Engineering Corporation
- Praxair Technology, Inc.
- Precision Colloids
- Quadrant AG
- ROKI Techno Co., Ltd
- Shinhan Diamond Industrial Co., Ltd.
- Toyo Tire &Rubber Co., Ltd.
- UK Abrasives
- Wako Pure Chemical Industries, Ltd.
- Whatman Plc