Following the overwhelming success of the last edition, nanoPT, the International Conference on Nanoscience & Nanotechnology, will be organized again in Porto (Portugal) from 12 to 14 of February 2014.
The second edition will be held with the purpose of strengthen ties nationally and internationally on Nanotechnology and, pretends to encourage industry and universities working on the Nanotechnology field to know each other and to present their research, allowing new collaborations. nanoPT will allow participants to present a broad range of current research in Nanoscience & Nanotechnology, not only the most prominent research in Portugal but from all over the world.
Contributions (abstracts) in the field of nanomaterials, nanochemistry, nanobio/nanomedicine, graphene/nanotubes, optics/photonics/plasmonics, modeling at the nanoscale, scientific policy/tech transfer and nanoinstrumentation will be accepted until the 15th of November, 2013.
10 Graduate grants (travel bursaries) sponsored by nanoPT organizers – 100 Euros (max.) will be offered.
- J. Aizpurua (CFM, UPV/EHU and DIPC, Spain)
- J.-Ch. Charlier (UCL, Belgium)
- E. Fortunato (CENIMAT-I3N, Portugal)
- F. Koppens (ICFO, Spain)
- U. Landman (Georgia Tech, USA)
- L. Liu (INL, Portugal)
- J. F. Mano (3B´s Group/Minho Univ., Portugal)
- A. Mendes (Porto University, Portugal)
- S. Sadewasser (INL, Portugal)
- C. J. Silva (CeNTI, Portugal)
- H.C. Zeng (Nat. Univ. of Singapore, Singapore)
nanoPT 2014 organizers are planning some parallel activities to be announced during November.
2013 Edition in numbers:
- 170 participants from 16 countries
- 11 Keynote Speakers
- Oral Presentations: 47
- Poster Presentations: 85
- Exhibitors: 8