PI (Physik Instrumente) L.P. offers the P-871 closed-loop piezo bender actuators and E-614 OEM controllers. These unique long-travel piezo transducer systems are based on PI’s ceramic encapsulated PICMA® multilayer actuator technology. Due to an integrated high-resolution position feedback sensor they provide up to 20 times better linearity, accuracy and repeatability than conventional open-loop piezo benders.
The P-871 bender actuators also achieve longer positioning ranges than most other closed-loop piezo actuators, up to 1600 µm (1.6 mm), and response times in the millisecond range. (In open-loop mode, 2 mm travel is possible).
Scanning of optical components, photonics alignment, beam deflection and stabilization, nanopositioning, fast switching.
Closed-Loop Controllers: Bench Top and OEM Cards
For precise closed-loop motion control PI offers a line of compact driver electronics. Single and dual channel bench-top units (models E-651.1S and E-651.2S) are available as well as the cost-effective E-614 OEM controller card.
Ceramic Encapsulation for Increased Lifetime
PICMA® bender actuators are superior to conventional actuators in high-endurance situations and show substantially longer lifetimes both in static and dynamic operation, even in harsh environments. Due to the use of cofired outer ceramic insulation, diffusion of water molecules into the insulation layer -- the major cause of dielectric breakdown -- is greatly reduced.
Features & Advantages:
- Long travel ranges to 1600 µm (2000 µm in open loop)
- Closed-loop operation for significantly better accuracy and repeatability
- Monolithic design for fast response and high stiffness
- Significantly lower operating voltage, only +/- 30 V (3 to 10 times lower than conventional piezo benders)
- Ceramic encapsulation for extended lifetime (insensitive to water molecules)
- Ideal for scanning and switching applications
- Vacuum-compatible versions
- Increased dynamic performance and extra-wide temperature range to 300° F (150°C)