Research and Markets (www.researchandmarkets.com/research/3b4a2b/smart_materials) has announced the addition of the "Smart Materials" report to their offering.
Selected, peer reviewed papers from the 2nd International Workshop on Functional Materials and Nanomaterials (IWOFM-2)
The main theme of this special volume is that of intelligent and smart materials and their application. One particular aim is to encourage the 'cross-fertilisation' of these materials with nanomaterials.
The main topics covered are: devices, processing, applications, modeling and characterization of a wide range of materials including piezoelectric ceramics/polymers, magnetostrictive materials, smart structural materials and composites, electro-optics and other photonic systems, carbon and other nanotubes, new nano and micromaterials, biomedical materials, sensors and divers smart materials.
This wide coverage therefore makes this book an excellent handbook on the subject.
Key Topics Covered:
- Piezoelectric Actuators 2008: Key Factors for Commercialization
- Tailored Intelligent Materials
- Origin of P-E Hysteresis Offsets in Compositionally Graded Ba(1-x)SrxTiO3 Thick Films
- Nanosized Titania, a Smart Material or is it just Clever?
- Magnetic Nanoparticles as Smart Heating Mediator for Hyperthermia and Sorbent Regeneration
- Defining Structure in Electrospun Polymer Fibres
- Piezoelectric Ceramic/Polymers
- Magnetostrictive Materials
- Shape Memory Alloys
- Actuator and Sensor Materials
- Smart Structural Materials and Composites
- Carbon and Others
- New Nano
- Molecular Actuator and Sensor Materials
- Speciality Polymer with Controlled Microstructures
- Others Smart Materials
- Author Index
- Keyword Index