The Hiden IDP is primarily used for the direct analysis of low energy ions from UHV surface science methods. The Hiden EPIC and IDP are designed with all the features of high performance RGAs. Additionally they are also provided with pole bias mid-axis potential and negative ion features making them excellent research grade mass spectrometers.
The main features of the IDP are:
- Pulse ion counting detector with uninterrupted seven decade data presentation
- Four lens ion optics with integral electron ioniser and UHV compatible shroud
- Direct observation of positive/negative ions, radicals and neutrals mass and yields
- Ion energy distribution by mid-axis potential scanning ±100 V, 1000eV option
- High sensitivity triple filter quadrupole, mass range options to 2500amu
- Temperature reading integrated into data displays for thermal desorption applications
- Stability (less than ±0.5% height variation over 24h)
- MASsoft control via RS232, USB or Ethernet LAN
- Signal gating 100 nano second resolution for energy and mass distributions vs time or TOF studies
- MASsoft 7 Professional Edition software is provided.
The main applications of the IDP are:
- Surface science
- Electron stimulated desorption, photon stimulated desorption and thermal desorption studies.