The IMP-EPD is a rugged, differentially pumped, secondary ion mass spectrometer that is designed for analyzing secondary ions from the ion beam etch process.
This system is equipped with integrated software consisting of process specific algorithms specifically designed to provide optimum process control.
The IMP-EPD spectrometer is a proven device for the manufacture of high specification thin film devices for use in several products such as high temperature superconductors, magnetic thin films and III-V semiconductors.
The main features of the IMP-EPD include:
- Triple filter quadrupole, 300amu mass range is standard
- High sensitivity SIMS/MS with pulse ion counting detector
- Ion optics with energy analyser and integral ioniser
- Differentially pumped manifold with mounting flange to process chamber
- Data system with integration to the process tool
- Penning gauge and interlocks to provide over pressure protection
- Stability with less than ±0.5% height variation over 24h
- Programmable DDE, parallel digital I/O, RS232 scripting communication
- MASsoft control via RS232, RS485 or Ethernet LAN
The IMP-EPD finds use in the following applications:
- End point analysis
- Leak detection
- Residual gas analysis
- Target impurity determination
- Quality control/SPC