The TOF-qSIMS system from Hiden has been specifically developed for surface analysis and depth profiling applications of an extensive range of materials such as pharmaceuticals, polymers, alloys, dielectric, superconductors, optical and functional coatings and semiconductors, with measurement of trace components to sub-ppm levels.
- Glass manufacturing
- Thin film coatings
- Pharmaceutical industries
- General materials analysis and research
- Failure analysis (debonding and failed interfaces)
- Forensic and reverse engineering
The latest Hiden TOF, time of flight analyzer, helps improve SIMS to provide the user with the best of the dynamic range from high-performance quadrupole SIMS collectively with the benefits of parallel data collection and molecular fragment analysis from TOF-SIMS (time of flight SIMS).
For spatially resolved elaborated materials analysis, the TOF-qSIMS capacity allows hyperspectral imaging.
The TOF-qSIMS system provides the extensive abilities of static TOF-SIMS and a great dynamic range depth profiling from the quadrupole SIMS.
Completely integrated and improved for high-performance SIMS analysis, the TOF-qSIMS Workstation system consists of a multi-port UHV chamber, TOF-SIMS analyzer, Hiden’s MAXIM quadrupole SIMS analyzer, a Cs metal ion gun, IG20 gas primary ion gun and a sample holder that has been specifically developed to house the widest sample range.
High sensitivity SNMS mode is added for quantitative analysis of metallurgical thin films, conductive and non-conductive oxides, and other alloy coatings and materials. Facilities for SIMS improvement, such as electron charge neutralization, oxygen flood and vacuum bakeout, are included as standard.
The SIMS Mapper PC software option provides mapping with 2D and 3D view capability over the sample area. Electronic gating has been included for improved high dynamic range depth profiling. The TOF SIMS analysis capability consists of complete spectral analysis, pixel by pixel through the sample image.
The SIMS PC data system, MASsoft Professional, consists of a simple user-configurable interface for control and data acquisition, which includes set up and control of the primary ion beam rastering for depth profile and surface analysis applications.
- Delicate static SIMS analysis for top monolayer specificity
- High mass resolution isolates molecular interferences
- Parallel detection enables a posteriori analysis of unknowns
- High mass range helps detect huge molecules from forensics, polymers and pharmaceuticals
- Completely flexible and future-proof SIMS instrument
- Hyperspectral imaging and depth profiling available for quick determination of spatial distributions
- High dynamic range and abundance sensitivity depth profiling