Hiden’s XBS is a system in MBE deposition application for multiple source monitoring. For reliable production quality thin film growth, molecular beam sources require precise control.
The XBS (cross beam source) system from Hiden allows for in-situ monitoring of various sources as well as real-time signal output for accurate deposition control. In molecular beam mass spectrometry, Hiden's XBS is a fantastic instrument.
- MBE monitoring and control
- Multiple beam source analysis
- Molecular beam studies
- High-performance RGA
- Outgassing studies
- Process gas contaminants
- Bake-out cycles
The Hiden XBS RC system is a quadrupole mass spectrometer that can concurrently monitor numerous beam sources at the same time and has a 70° beam acceptance cone that runs transverse to the quadrupole axis.
Beam acceptance apertures are customized for each process chamber source position and are made as interchangeable plug-in pieces to allow for retroactive changes in the case of chamber changes.
The XBS system’s great sensitivity and quick data collection give signals for controlling growth rates as low as 0.01 Angstrom per second.
- 2 mm beam acceptance aperture — user-configurable beam acceptance aperture
- High Sensitivity, detection range has been increased from 100% to 5 ppb, and the mass range has been increased to 510 amu
- Monitor 1Å/minute and lower growth rates
- Water-cooled shroud with UHV compatibility
- Soft ionization and appearance potential mass spectrometry need ion source control
- Long-term stability is improved (less than 0.5% height change over 24 hours)
- The RF-only pre-filter stage improves contamination resistance
- WindowsTM MASsoft control through RS232, USB or Ethernet LAN
- For large mass transmission, more sensitivity is available. Automatic alignment of mass scale.
- Ion source with a crossbeam and a beam acceptance angle of +/−35° to the transverse axis
- In molecular beam experiments, detection limits as low as 30 ions/second have been achieved