The TPD workstation is provided with a multiport UHV chamber with a heated sample stage combined with a high precision triple filter analyser with digital pulse ion counting detector to offer users high level sensitivity and time resolution.
The Hiden TPD workstation is a fully-fledged experimental system for UHV temperature programmed desorption (TPD) analysis. Swift sample change is enabled by a sample load lock with sample transfer mechanism.
A triple filter mass analyser is designed with a cooled shroud which provides the analyser with exceptional sensitivity with the least background contributions to desorption products from the sample.
The key features of the TPD workstation are as follows:
- Multiport UHV chamber for attachment of supplementary instrumentation such as ellipsometry
- Hiden 3F PIC mass spectrometer for rapid data acquisition - >500 data points per second
- Linear sample transfer mechanism and loadlock with gate valve and viewport
- Heated sample stage to 1000°C
- Bakeout jacket (200°C max)
- Z-drive for optimum sample/detector positioning
- Integrated software control of experimental protocols
The main applications of the TPD workstation are given below:
- Surface science
- Surface analysis
- Thermal analysis MS